Thursday, November 19, 2009

mascots, materialism and macarons

this blog has lost perspective. calvin doesn't jump off his swing anymore. i need a new mascot and spongebob doesn't cut it. i could try amelie, but she's nothing in black and white. what am i left with then, to fill the empty space below my idiosyncrasies?

apparently my horoscope said that since sept 2007 until early november, the stars have enjoyed messing around with my life. apparently for my good. unfortunately, i do feel this is true. if only they had the courtesy to tell me about these little drama scenes in advance, i wouldn't have gotten fussed over so many things in the first place. but for starters, i am thankful that the black septembers are over, and proudly, with the help of many many important people and my self, i have survived.

this also means it is time to adopt a new mascot, calvin was and will always be a special eccentric to me, but we need to move on.

here are a few suggestions:
1. phua chu kang - knowing how much i despise his mole
2. little miss sunshine - i could always use some cheering up
3. my blender -preferably in its immacculate form, it's lime green by the way
4. my lomo diana F+ - the poor things never been developed properly
5. an iphone - so that i can relish the things i don't have
6. mcdonalds logo - to remind me to stay away from that FAT and the coupons
7. ice cream - a long term relationship that hasn't managed to melt away
8. things in general - to remind me of my futile, utterly materialistic existence
9. a macaron - because you know how much i love this french stuff
10. coco chanel - not herself, but the tatou version, just because she used to be amelie

i would add rowing to the list, but i need to test the waters in terms of endurance. my best bets on the macaron, because ideally, that's my slice of life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the ugly man or Ms. Pacman dressed as Mona Lisa? the titles give them away immediately but [shrugs shoulders]its worth the shot

Surprise, surprise. I don't have any suggestions. You already have a lot to choose from and I hope you find the right one!

Me.. I will change the background pic when I get bored with the one I have now. Sad to hear about Calvin though. I thought you'all were having fun :P.

Yash said...

none of the above.

i think you should use a lipstick.

i checked out scorpio. some interesting quotes below -

"Fresh starts of all kinds are on the offering block, so explore the opportunities"

"However, you may need to strike a compromise: home for Thanksgiving dinner, then off to ski the Alps on Saturday."

"November puts commitment front and center. On the 2nd, the Taurus full moon lights your relationship sector. Full moons bring turning points, and a matter in your love life has come to a head. If you’re holding onto the past, release your grip. This person will either return voluntarily, or make space for a healthy newcomer. It’s time to trust, Scorpio. If you’re holding back, let loose and allow someone special in. Nobody’s going to hurt you—and you’re not made of porcelain, either."

"The twelfth house also rules endings. You could be mourning, or resisting the necessary end of a life cycle, even if it’s just the shedding of an old identity. If so, this could manifest in physical aches and pains. Letting go is hard for Scorpios, so make sure you have the proper support system in place."

fuck. in fact i am going to post that on my facebook.

the stars have directed all their magnetism and gravity at me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Madame do as thou pleases. If macrons is the pick of the menu this time or the other times you are at a place serving delicious french treats, then macrons it is. Or perhaps the lipstick marinated lobster? There is nothing like trying something new..

Analytics