Friday, November 21, 2008

the reading list

For someone who loves to write, I hardly ever read. My excuse is even stupider--I do not read, because if the book is good, it becomes an obsession until i read the last page. This has happened too many times. But well, some things can't be helped. It's all in the name of knowledge.

So as the news goes, I have a reading list. It is quite broad (and it also depends on the whims and fancies of the library), but nonetheless, it is a list. Let me get into the details of what brought me back to this literate state. It was none other than good marketing. I saw a lime green copy of The Arabian Nights at Kinokuniya. It was the perfect lime green. It even matched my yoga pants. I had to buy the book and I had to buy The Arabian Nights, simply because i hadn't read it yet. To my surprise, it was cheap. 5 $ for a penguin paperback. I realised it was made from recycled paper (and still it can outshine the non recycled copies. lime green was a brilliant marketing idea!) and that is why it was cheaper. To come back to the point, I have started sourcing for books to read at my local library. I'd rather not read books without a recommendation for it could be a complete waste of time. Besides, I usually have no patience for that kind of crap.

Anyway, everytime I tick off one title on my list, I'll post my personal comments and responses on [ human space ]. The first of many more to come....

au revoir,
amelie

No comments:

Analytics